If you’ve visited a dark and/or unusual location that you think our readers will want to know about, we would love to hear from you.
Just follow the details below and we will publish your article on the site.
A few tips to ensure you get published
- Submit a place that is a dark or unusual travel destination.
- Tell our readers, in your own words, what the place was like and provide details of your experience
- Upload at least one photo.
Write your entry
You should use your own words to tell the story of the place in a captivating and informative way. This may involve providing practical details of the location alongside your own, personal reaction to being there.
Quick Tips for writing an entry our readers will love:
- Do write a narrative in your own voice and style
- Do write about how the experience was for you. Include some historical details if you can, however, this is not a priority
- Do use a friendly, easy to read tone (leave the thesaurus out of things)
- Do write to entertain, educate, and inspire. Your aim is to share your experience so that others will want to do the same.
- Don’t submit material copied from other sources
- Don’t write using the first-person perspective
Image Submission Guidelines
We will need photographs to publish your submission. The best approach is to use your own images if you have them. If not, you can carry out a Creative Commons Search to find copyright-free images for your submission.
Thanks for taking the time to send details of your experience to us!!